2.12.13

fainting goats, swag, and an overall great holiday

I can't even begin to explain just how wonderful and overwhelmingly unproductive my Thanksgiving break was.  To sum it up: lots of sleepovers, mom food, and quality time with some of my favorite boys.  

The whole week of Thanksgiving was perfect, starting with cancelled FHE (sometimes being the mom requires making judgment calls liiiiiike...we all have lotsa stuff to do? no one would come anyways? etc. etc.?) which resulted in me going to my first official Fainting Goats hockey game. Which, let me tell you, was really fun. Albeit the club games lack in fights, they more than make up for it with team paraphernalia and a venue that offers hot dogs. Oh, and also skill.  They were good. 
  


The rest of the week seemed to follow a sort of pattern: days spent with the family, evening spent curled up in bed/on someone's living room floor watching a movie or (my new favorite) Revenge, and lots and lots of bonding with Emilee and some of my favorite boys.

les mis (sing-along version, of course, cause when is it not??) at emilee's



wedding reception with E!
pizzookie and cuddle night with taylor and berry (who i generally love, but she gave me a vicious scratch that makes me look borderline suicidal so we stopped hanging out after that night)
my mom was hanging a garland around the front of the house and she kept asking me and emilee if there was enough "swag".  We think she was going for "slack", but we didn't stop her.
i had forgotten about my love for cubby's until friday night, which was spent laughing over sweet potato fries and tri-tip steak.  we were then inspired to see the funniest movie ever, austenland.
after which, we invaded seth's friday night by waiting in front of his apartment until he got home from work, where we greeted him with a special pussycat dolls dance party. except do you know how actually hard it is to l"loosen up" a boy's top button on his collar?? so we called it good, went inside to eat pizza, start a fire and watch elf.


It was such an ideal week spent with some of my favorite people (although it does feel good to be getting my CT 29 girls back), and on Sunday morning, when I met up with the boys yet again to go to church with them, I became so overwhelmed with what good boys they were. I'm serious.  As we were sitting on the couch passing the time until church, they were just casually talking about gospel stuff.  It wasn't a big deal, but I love how it just came so naturally to talk about the Church. So, that being said, long live good boys.  Cause one day I'm gonna make one of them my husband. Except maybe not one of these boys in particular.






Just to clarify.






1 comment:

  1. this whole post is happy. minus the fact that my HEAD LOOKS LIKE A POTATO IN THAT LAST PICTURE. but like yolo. i'm thankful for potatoes

    ReplyDelete