25.11.13

a friday packed with abc family christmas movies + weekends that just make you warm and happy

Wow how was that for a post title? I think I took a nap just while writing it.

Hey.  My weekend was delicious. 

:: We lost our flag football game.  This sounds bad (and it is) BUT it also happened to be the same night as our coach's birthday so amidst our flowing tears from losing, we were also excited to take our minds off our loss by celebrating Coach C's birth (complete with a birthday party at his apartment)



:: Friday consisted of donating plasma, awkwardly going to Costa Vida for the second time in just as many days, but this time to pick up my purse, and decking the halls of CT 29.  Mimi went and picked up some decor and, combined with Courtney's Christmas stash, we created the humblest abode of holiday cheer.  In fact, it was so cheery that Mimi and I couldn't bring ourselves to leave the apartment. Except to pick up Little Ceasar's only to retreat back up to our rooms and continue on the ABC Family Christmas movie marathon we had going.  Seriously, it was the best Friday I could ask for.  I cleaned my room while watching The 12 Dates of Christmas (recommend!) and it took almost the entire length of the movie just to clean.  I know, woof.  You would think my closet was the passageway to Narnia the way it kept producing more and more places to stash things. 







we just couldn't go on decorating unless Griswold Christmas/Christmas Vacation was turned on
what our friday night looked like

::Saturday consisted of sleeping in, a quick bra-less trip to the grocery store (aka my way of letting the world know that I'm not ready to function quite yet) and a matinee of Catching Fire with Meemz.  And we got into it.  Ever since our freshman year and our weekly Thursday Night Dollar Movies, we have known that we are the worst to bring to movies. We can't shut up.  We are either catching up, commenting on the movie, or just gasping really loudly because too much time has gone by between exchanged words.  But guys that movie was so good.  Then Mama Smith came over for a quick visit where the three of us talked about dating and...dating. Obvi.  Cause what else do 20-somethings talk about with their mother?
That evening, we went to Emilee's for a Pazookie and Puzzle night in which I talked to A (and it was totally fine! so fine, in fact, that mimi and I couldn't stop talking about how natural and cordial the whole encounter was...i think all that happened last week was the closure i finally needed to let go? maybe? moving on), bonded with some of my favorite ladies, and sat in between two boys that had me swooning due to their musical abilities (and one asked for my number! like, my weekend was perfect). 
:Sunday, we slept in yet again, and after church, Mimi and I laid in my bed in my dark room and just cuddled and bonded until Courtney's friends came over for a Friends Thanksgiving dinner.  Our apartment - which, let me just remind you, was decked out so we got major domestic points - was packed with friendly people and yummy food.  Courtney has this angel friend, Mary, who is special (ok so I say that because I don't know what's wrong with her? I don't want to be that ignorant person that says she has down syndrome then I find out she has autism and suddenly I'm condemned as a social pariah because I don't have my disabilities straight. I'll have to ask Courtney later).  But she's such a dear.  She sat with me, Mimi and Mimi's man all night, which really proved for some funny conversations (farts, Anne Frank, and the Virgin Mary...you know).  

sunday selfies with courty-court (sport court? or, the boys favorite, escourt).


It was the perfect kickoff for Thanksgiving week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment