21.11.13

always be my baby

- - - - -




First, an announcement. I'M PREGNANT.

Ok so maybe that joke isn't funny? The problem with making an announcement like that here on the web is that I make all kinds of jokes and I never have any idea whether you think a particular joke is funny or, even worse, you think it's true and you say to yourself I knew she looked pregnant in the shirt she was wearing the other night. -__-

Anyway, if for no other reason, I should stop making the pregnancy joke (I tend to do it a lot around the roos and such) because what if one day I actually do become pregnant and then I'm really excited to tell you and no one believes me? Then who would throw me a baby shower and slap my child at the grocery store? Or does that not happen anymore?

So. On to the real announcement. 

I have found what I want to do with my life. 
Namely, sing at karaoke bars.

Tuesday night, Mimi and I joined Emilee + crew to belt a little Mariah Carey (and Ciara...and Michael Jackson...and Barenaked Ladies) in front of the youth of Provo.  Including a 7 year old diva that I might have almost killed had it not been for the fact that I think she swallowed Christina Aguilera.  Those pipes, man!  They were gooooood. 

So Mimi and I, after minutes of pouring over the binder full of song options, slapped ourselves in the faces after we realized DUH we have to sing Always Be My Baby.  And our loyal friends stuck around for song after song. After song. After songs. Until 11pm and the restaurant was basically empty except for aforementioned diva's family.  And boy.  Mimi and I killed it.  Especially considering I was sick as a dog and the lyrics on the screen were definitely not right...? Oh, and how uncomfortably close I kept getting to the DJ/spinmaster/karaoke guru that I'm almost positive is a pimp. 



Secondly, doesn't this weather just make you want to drool? I live for fall, I swear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment