31.10.12

castle of chaos


Happy Halloween!!  Unfortunately, I'm not donning a costume on campus - or really anywhere - today.  It is really sad, I know it.  I truly do love this holiday though, and I plan on spending the night with a fat bag of all chocolate candy (why isn't there a super bag with only the best candies? They always seems to throw in packs of Whoppers or Three Musketeers in the midst of Reese's and Snickers. Like, come one.  Don't.) and watching a festive movie.

However, in the spirit of Hallow's Eve and the ghouls and goblins that are gracing our presence here in mortality, I embarked on an adventure last night. Yes, to a haunted house.  With two crazy kids and this girl.  It was fantastically frightening for the first few minutes, but by the end, I believe I was screaming more out of impatience and annoyance than actual fear.  Like, "Stop touching me, stop carressing my face, stop pulling my hair, please just turn the lights on so I stop getting stuck in these curtains while simultaneously trying to hold on to my partner and avoid the actors' sick hands."  Here's what really got me.  There was a very strict rule to not touch the actors.  But tell me this: if someone pinned you down on a table and put their hands around your neck - with the help of others, no less - and your partner had zero intentions of pulling you off the table and getting you the heck out of there, what would you do? Wait for 10 pm when the actors could go home? Yell helplessly? No. You would yank their arm off of you and make a run for it.

"Hey, you're not allowed to touch the actors.  NO TOUCHING THE ACTORS."

"Ok 1, eat a tic tac. Or 25. Also...sorry? Weren't the one trying to kill me? Think about that." 

It was very fun though.  Fun to hold hands with a boy (and by hold hands, I mean have a death grip on him and at some points have my entire body wrapped around his), fun to run around like a crazy person, fun to get in the spirit of things, fun to be sweating like a boxer by the end of the night, just fun.  Here's a picture of me and my date:

(just kidding this was just one of the actors. we had a special bond going, obvi)
So here's to getting stuffed in coffins, going out of your mind after 5 minutes in a room with a strobe light and chainsaw, BO and bad breath, and making new friends. Young and old. Dead and alive.

Stay safe tonight!

ox/C

No comments:

Post a Comment