17.12.11

homeward bound.

The end is in sight! I'm sitting in a very busy airport, plugged into my compy listening to Beethoven, and I have never been happier with life.  The only thing that's missing is a man...or a ring.  Either one.  Listen.  I finished my finals yesterday, I got the job I've been wanting with all my little heart, and the Smith Family will be reunited in just a few short hours.  And I just received word that we passed cleaning checks.  Oh, and I've gone to bed listening to Mistletoe every night for the past week.  Talk about good dreams.

But all of this has come to pass with nothing short of crazy, hair-pulling nights of occasional studying (oops).  As much as I hate to admit it, I will miss dear MR5 for the next two and half weeks while I'm spending some time in The Big Easy.  I guess I will have to indulge in beignets and pralines and long-night talks with Mama Smith to soothe my soul.

This is what finals drives us to do.

So this week has been good.  Let me tell you, I didn't stress about finals nearly as much as I should have.  I stressed more about what I was going to pack for home.  I passed (kind of) all my finals, though, so don't you worry.  I'm still responsible.  

Well darlings, expect to hear from me often in the next couple weeks.  I will be having so much glorious down time I won't know what to do with all my joy.  Hallelujah for this luxurious break from school, I need it!  Stay safe.  

1 comment: