17.12.11

it's always awkward when...

I made it!  My skin is so happy that I can rely on the humidity instead of 18 gallons of moisturizer and that it's in the 60's.  My goodness.  Is it really December?  I slept until noon, woke up to Christmas music in the kitchen and multiple Christmas tasks with my name on it - hanging up my ornaments on the tree, making treats, and showering. Wait.
Anyways, we then got a treat!  Relaxing in a movie theatre for 2 hours with our cool glasses to see this in 3-D.  Not my favorite, but Scorsese sure has a way of making things magical and weird.

A true appreciator of French culture.
Holy moly me oh my.   Soon after arriving - in fact, it was as we were waiting for our baggage - I was made aware of a Christmas party in my parent's ward for tonight.  I just got back from it.  What a night.  You know how you can walk into a room and know people have been talking about you?  It's a horrible feeling.  I felt the curious stares and I also felt the daggers piercing into my back when I wasn't looking.  Wow wow wow I know this sounds dramatic.  But let me tell you, I broke up with the boy everyone thought I was going to marry, and he just so happens to be a member of this ward.  A long time member.  He's one of their own, and I'm just some teeny-bopper whose parents just happened to move into the ward last year. AWFUL.  I mean, all in all, tonight wasn't as bad as one could have expected.  And he wasn't even there, that greeting will come tomorrow.  I know I hurt him...I tend to do that.  I tend to let my feelings get away with me then I don't know what to do.  Yikes it's miserable what I've done to people and what it, in return, has done to me.  I need to be careful!  I'm not sure my feelings for this boy will ever go away, and I still feel so comfortable around him and trust him more than anyone, but I have no idea what the future holds.  For right now, I feel just right and that I'm doing the right thing.  I just like boys too much.  I constantly have a crush list, extending sometimes to 10 names.  But this is all beside the point.  The point it, I'm not exactly wanted here.  Take me back to Colorado?

No comments:

Post a Comment