28.12.11

oh, the guilt.

After a wonderful, simple Christmas where we enjoyed watching the little ones delightfully open their gifts, I was a little disheartened on December 26th when I had nothing from dear old St. Nick that would enhance my ever-dwindling wardrobe.  Now I know that Christmas is about much more than gifts, and I was more than happy to oblige the requests of no present-giving or receiving.  In fact, I loved the stress-free and Spirit-filled atmosphere it brought!  But let me tell you, I'm never one to pass up an opportunity to vocalize excuses to make my closet happy.  Especially with this new little secretary gig I'm going to have to be looking pretty good for from 8-11 on weekdays.  Wow.  What a doozy that will be when, in my eyes, I only have about 3 functioning shirts and a pair of boots I wear almost daily (even though I'm sure they're so last season...who knows what that even means).  

So, I took myself to heaven for a couple hours this morning and perused all my online hot spots.  Good golly.  Then I went to hell when, after a satisfying round of shopping, I checked in on Wells Fargo.  Oh the irony of shopping for work clothes.  This resulted in guilty visits to my laptop every few hours on and off throughout the day to add to my ever-growing shopping list and not-so-subtle hints to the parents about how good I've been and how, oh daddy, shouldn't I have professional pieces in my wardrobe for the workplace?  I'm going to let them sleep on those thoughts before I go full-throttle in the morning.  Yes, I have been good.  That good?  Only time will tell.  

I can't wait for all these babies to come: these pants, this shirt, and these beauties in the yellow.  I'm obsessed with every single one. 
I can't wait for these to soon make their way into my budget: this shirt and this shirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment