24.12.11

christmas in the big easy

Yesterday, the Smith sibs spent all day in the city.  Literally.  I thought my feet were going to be stuck in my boots for the rest of my life after last night.  Holy cow though it was totally worth it.  Let me show you.
Oh hey.

Jazz at Jackson Square

Those mystics...





















Beignets as Cafe du Monde
The sibs at the Mississppi



And last, enjoyed some real jazz at Preservation Hall.



And now it's Christmas Eve, and after a night of driving around looking at lights, eating Mary & Joseph finger food, reading the Christmas Story from Luke, and trying on outfits for church tomorrow with my sister-in-law, the Smith's are settled in watching Miracle on 34th Street.  We were going to watch It's a Wonderful Life, but SOMEONE forgot to bring it...
For some reason, I've found it hard to get into the Spirit of Christmas this year.  Perhaps it's because I had to focus on finals for the first half of the month.  Maybe I should write a letter to BYU to complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment