18.3.13

chee-hoo.



And so, just like that, another year of the BYU Luau has come and gone (remember last year?) 



It was such a fun couple of nights of performing!  This is our third year of doing Luau (it kind of feels like bragging rights, being able to say that.  three whole years of luau. are you impressed? it would be even better if the other dancers/instructors recognized us after all this time. but we can't have it all) and it makes Winter semester so much more enjoyable.  I mean, except for the fact that you have to wake up at f i v e - t h i r t y am.  Yes, 5:30 in the morning. Yuck, right?  Which leads me to reflect on the beauty of sleep:

one::
Pillows are soft and they make your neck feel good. They are like beautiful hugs for your head. I have many pillows on my bed because I like to pretend I am royalty as I fall asleep. You can get super soft ones and just encase your body in them. You can also use them to build a fort, but unless you’re sleeping in that fort, that’s not relevant to this post.

two::
Dreaming has got to be the raddest thing out there. Like, I just want to say thank you, subconscious, for giving me a fake husband the other night.  It was really great to have him for a couple minutes.  And also, no, it wasn't that kind of dream, for the record.  It was just me and him, in this little house we had. That's all. And I loved it.

three::
It's kind of like what it must be like to be dead, but it's 100% temporary.  I mean, right?

four:: (this one is for the future, cause all I have right now is a twin size bed and a throw blankie to cuddle with)
Sleep is when you get to snuggle and cuddle and drool and cling to and generally use another person’s body like a jungle gym for your own comfort. And it’s totally sanctioned by love and stuff. They have to let you even if you are sweaty or heavy. It’s the rules of romance. Get to spoonin’, boo. I don’t have all night. (Jk, I do!)

Moving on from sleep and kind of more back on track of my Luau week, Mama Smith came into town, and her visit not only included fun family dinners and catching up, but house hunting as well. Eeeek!  Like, obvi, my vote is for the new houses down on the golf course by the lake, but who knows. That geriatric neighborhood of houses built in the 60's could just be calling their name. To each their own, right?

Then, the ladies of #29 decided to whip together a musical number really quick for St. Patrick's Day Sunday.  Perks of living with really talented ladies that are spontaneous.  And that have a few extra hours to spend in a practice room in the dorms on a Saturday night.  Needless to say, we had a lot of fun.  So we were feeling kind of on top of the world after singing in church (truth be told: I was shaking more while I was singing than when I was dancing in the Tahiti section. nothing like good old fashioned nerves!)  Then, per usual, we ran into some good friends in the hallway that suggested we have a roommate model shoot!

JOKES.  Of course the four of us are always the first to suggest model shoots.  Our friends just obliged to be on the other side of the camera.  Enjoy!




ox/C

1 comment: