19.3.14

periods, santaquin, and tasteful sideboob.


josh and i needed proof that we actually did survive our ghost adventure.

On Saturday, I spent an obscene amount of time in my bed doing nothing except for occasionally complaining to Mimi about my emotions.  This had nothing everything to do with my pending period blues.  Aaaaaaand all men can stop reading now. Like, if they want. I promise I won't talk too long about my ovaries (and sorry I used the word ovaries on here). But like Saturday was the day, ya know? The day where I could feel "it" coming, because suddenly I am on the verge of tears about everything: the girl at the tanning salon telling me I was beautiful, the really helpful Smith's employee, the sweet sound of country music, etc. You get it? Moving on.

So Mimi invited me along to a dinner with her people (meaning C would be there, good or bad news? I wasn't super sure yet) in good ol' Santaquin.  Have you ever heard of Leslie's Family Tree restaurant? Look it up. It's haunted.

It ended up being one of my favorite nights. Ever.

+ the group was hilarious. like, honestly. i didn't stop laughing once. i sat right next to C at one end of the table, and he has a special kind of humor that makes me do an ugly laugh and bat him away saying, "no, staaaahp." i've really mastered that, and he still likes having me around.  it's really a miracle.
+ the waitresses indulged us with everything we did - turning out all the lights in the restaurant, boys and girls in the same bathroom to avoid getting lynched by a ghost (or whatever it is that ghosts do), taking us on a ghost tour of the basement, all 10 of us hiding throughout the restaurant trying to scare each other because we're definitely NOT 20-33 year olds, etc.
+ the food. take me to food or leave me forever, is what i always say. ok so i don't, but those sentiments are pretty true. scones with honey butter? yes please. *sidenote: this conversation actually took place: 
craig: "is this honey butter or just regular butter?"
waitress: "oh it's just regular butter. with a little bit of honey in it."
craig: "..."

+ then we ended the night with a few [thousand] rounds of Cards Against Humanity (i try to come up with my favorite cards everytime and it's just hard. tasteful sideboob? doin it in the butt? bees? ? it's such a hard decision), after which C and I bonded more. he's one of my favorite boys, i think. i s'pose this is good? i'm trying to find the light.

Anyways. Here is a picture of the stairwell I willingly climbed down, which led to....


...this. Hell hole.  Good thing no one shut the trap door on me or was pulling my hair the whole time, right?!


ox/C

No comments:

Post a Comment