3.8.13

owning up to preposterous fears.

"hey little girl, could you take our picture for us? and could you try and get a little bit of the wall in it cause everyone else we've asked has seriously failed in the artsy department..."

she definitely did what she was asked.

also can we look at J's legs??? holy black.



Remember last fall when my car was infested with spiders? No, it isn’t absurd to be scared of the eight-legged devils. It was, however, ridiculous to avoid the car for days on end until finally begging my brother to come pick it up.  As in, made him walk to my apartment to get it so I wouldn't have to drive the 5 minutes in fear of another spider creeping out to take my life. Well, to some that's ridiculous. To me that’s just safety first. 

But my fear list doesn't end there.  Today, J and I went to Seven Peaks in Salt Lake to see what all the hype was about (note: it was such a party - i suggest it highly) and for whatever reason, I was mortified of the staircases leading up to the rides.  I'm sure I looked so handicapped walking up those treacherous things, with each step I took becoming more and more convinced it would be my last.  Those heights, man.  The rides? No problem.  I will take humiliating myself as I fly down a U-shaped slide and yet not make it up the final stretch only to slide down backwards and have to step off gracefully halfway through the ride as a whole crowd looked on (yes, that happened), but getting there takes some work.  

And let's not forget about the slide that got me out of my swimsuit.  We're talking bottoms-at-my-ankles-as-I-land-at-the-bottom.  Tell me how to get out of that one gracefully with a crowd of on-lookers that are simultaneously trying to get my tube from me as I'm pulling up my skivvies?  Sorry if you saw my lady parts, sir.  I should have warned you that the ride was just a good time and next thing I knew my bottoms slid right off! That darn slide.

Whew. 





The moral of all of this is...Seven Peaks Salt Lake is worth it? Even if you're terrified of heights and you lose your swimsuit and it is swarming with people that don't know how to take pictures? I think?


ox/C

No comments:

Post a Comment