1.10.13

desperate times call for desperate measures, ya know??

I did a really big girl thing today. Namely, donate my plasma. And I would say time, but I actually got paid (someone please go donate and tell them I sent you cause then I'll get $50! Which I'll split with you!). 


It was actually really fun. If we're being honest, I'm terrified of needles slash my own blood. So that's saying a lot. But throughout all my examinations and questionnaires, everyone would exclaim "You have SUCH good plasma!" Yeah. Yeah! You're right! Come at me, boys! I HAVE GOOD PLASMA.

Before I could even get close to the donating bed (that's not an official term, by the way, I made that up), I had to get tested/examined/interrogated by every employee there. I mean, probably.  

As I was sitting in the lobby, some guy next to me started chatting with me. Which, you know, stranger danger never really goes away when you are a girl sitting in a room full of strangers that are desperate to do anything for money.  After a couple minutes, this conversation started:

b: so did someone refer you?
c: nope! i've just always wanted to do this.
b: do you mind telling them i referred you? cause then i get fifty bucks.
c: uhhhhh...
b: and i'll give you $10 right now. 
c: FOR SURE what's your name? i'll tell them right now?

For sure the whole process was a little sketchy (one of those conversations/situations that my mom will freak out about) because he gave me a card with his name...and number? I don't think I needed that? And also just pulled $10 out of his pocket and handed it to me. I felt a little bit like a prostitute.  But hey! Ten bucks will go far! I don't remember the last time I put that much gas into my car!  And now, I just want to refer everyone I know. Disneyland, here I come!! And also, I HAVE GOOD PLASMA.


i had to pee in a cup. sorry i'm showing you the pre-cup. i figured it was better than the post-cup
THE CABINET OF TREATS in the exam room where i had my physical. and in which i was asked at least 4 times "have you ever to your knowledge has sex with a man who has had sex with a man?" after 4 times, i was beginning to be offended. like, yes i'm sure that has actually never happened to me.
and then i got the treats! right???

i had to be suuuuper sneaky because CAMERAS ARE NOT ALLOWED. but this is a picture of a donation bed. and the croods is playing in the background. fist. pump.


and then a literal fist pump. i got in trouble for this picture. the guy that was taking care of me (you know, stuck me with a needle and chastised me for not squeezing hard enough) (squeezing that stress ball, that is) saw me take the picture and gave me "the face." You know the face?




because the center was right next to my dad's work, i stopped in to say hello. and in return he gave me $9 for gas. WIN. So with the $30 from donating, the $10 from my pimp, and the $9 from big papa, I AM A RICH WOMAN.



1 comment:

  1. dying at this whole thing. hey, i'll go & refer you. does that make you my pimp?

    ReplyDelete