14.2.12

oh my gosh i totally forgot it was valentine's day!

That's so funny!


Just kidding, of course.  In fact, I'm wearing pink heart earrings and bright red pants.  How could any girl forget this day?  It seems like it's been looming above my head for weeks now.  And while this hot couple is going out to do the romantic thing...I'm leading a more platonic kind of night, and maybe I'll call my dad.  Or something.




Valentine's Day has never been a hardship for me.  Not because I always have some hot date that non-chalantly drops off roses and chocolates and teddy bears throughout the day.  Actually, I have NEVER had that experience.  But mostly because...it's just February 14th, the day after February 13th, which seemed pretty normal to me.  I have chosen, for the sake of my sanity, to stay off Facebook today because I can't handle the following three things:

ONE.  Single and desperate posts.
TWO. Cynical, whiney posts.
THREE.  Those who feel the need to tell the whole cyber-world why THEIR love is the best.

Now.  This is not to say I wouldn't thoroughly enjoy a date on Valentine's Day.  I'm just prepared to battle any nay-sayers who say this is Singles Awareness Day.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a Tuesday and I have so many plans today that I probably wouldn't even have time for a date.  So there.










So maybe I'm a little sad.  Here's to February 14, 2013.  I have higher hopes for you than I do for tonight.  


ox/c.



No comments:

Post a Comment